Is Air Duct Cleaning Really Worth It?
Regular cleaning and maintenance of your air ducts ensure that your system is working efficiently, improving energy usage in your home and business, saving you money in the long term.
Problems Which Indicates That Your Air Duct Is In Need Of Cleaning:
- You Have Not Changed Your Air Filter
If it seems impossible to remember as to when was the last time you had your air filter replaced, that’s a pretty good and obvious sign that it is long past due. When it’s totally saturated by debris and dust, these particles tend to take up residence in your ductwork.
- You Find Dirty Vent Covers
This sign can be easily seen by yourself. Any type of debris or mattered dust indicates the need for a good air cleaning.
- You Discover Dreaded Mold
The most common health dangers are associated with mold. If you are finding mold in your ductwork, it’s vital not only for it to be cleaned, but that it is taken care of by professionals.
- You Have Inconsistent Airflow
If one room seems to be colder than the others even when all the vents are opened fully. This could indicate a problem with dust and dirt buildup that prompts the need for affordable air duct cleaning services.
- Noisey Ducts
You should pay attention if at any time you hear noises in your ductwork. Banging and popping means that your insulation in extreme temperatures causes metal to expand and contract. While noisy whooshing may indicate that your HVAC system is too large for your ducts, rattling may mean that certain sections are disjointed.
The Methods of Getting Rid of These Problems Are Simple and Do-Able
Before making any appointments for the cleaners, it is important that you understand the different methods of cleaning and how they work so that you may make a well informed decision on how you want your system cleaned.
- Source Removal – Mechanical agitation loosens the dust particles and other foreign elements from the walls of your air ducts.
- Steam Air Duct Cleaning – A wand that releases high temperature and high pressure steam into the duct system to agitate and loosen dirt, debris, and particles
- Truck Mounted Vacuum Cleaning – A vacuum from the truck that is attached to the truck lines of the vest system.
- Point Of Contact Air Duct Cleaning – uses a portable vacuum with HEPA filter along with an agitation device that simultaneously
cleans the air ducts.